Inclusive Access FAQs
- The Inclusive Access program is a textbook model in collaboration with top publishers that converts books into digital content.
- All students in a class buy into the content, lowering the cost for everyone.
- All students in that class also get access to the content on the first day, and won’t be billed for it until after the tenth day of class.
- The digital content also includes Interactive Learning Platforms.
- Interactive Learning Platforms, or ILPs, are much more than just e-books. They are interactive software platforms developed to provide an enhanced learning experience beyond reading the text.
- They may include multimedia video and audio presentations and animation, and adaptive quizzes and homework sets which link directly to the related section of text when incorrect answers are given.
- They also allow for various levels of customization by the instructor, peer-to-peer sharing of notes, and the creation of digital flashcards you can use with smartphone apps.
It includes an average retail price of $90
If your instructor is using Inclusive Access, you are already enrolled to receive the digital course materials. Watch your student email account (ucmo.edu) for the following information:
- One week before classes begin, you will receive an email from [email protected] that will contain Inclusive Access information including:
- A link to your personal Inclusive Access Student Portal
- Current enrolled courses
- Price of Inclusive Access materials
- Opt-Out directions with deadline
- Opt-Out deadline is 10 days following the first day of classes.
- No later than the first day of class, you will receive directions from your instructor either in class or via email regarding use of Inclusive Access materials.
- Five days following the start of classes you will receive a second email from [email protected] reminding you of the use of Inclusive Access materials and the approaching Opt-Out deadline to not incur fees for these materials.
- On the tenth day of class, [email protected] will send a final notice reminding you to Opt-Out if you no longer wish to use these Inclusive Access materials.
Inclusive Access charges will be posted to students My Central account approximately 10 days prior to the start of classes. Refunds for students who have opted out of these materials will have credits posted to their accounts periodically.
Opt-Out means access to the digital course material will be turned off and you will not be able to view online content, submit online homework, take online quizzes, etc. If you do not wish to participate in Inclusive Access, you have the first 10 days of the semester to actively Opt-Out of the program at your Personal Inclusive Access Student Portal. The Opt-Out procedure is outlined in your emailed information from [email protected]
YOU MUST OPT-OUT FROM INCLUSIVE ACCESS FOR EACH COURSE TO AVOID FEES!!!!!!!!!!
- Dropped the course.
- Acquired digital materials previously (e.g. Cengage Unlimited).
- Instructor no longer requires materials.
Yes, you can opt back in any time before the 10th day of the semester by accessing your Personal Inclusive Access Student Portal. The link to your Personal Inclusive Access Student Portal is located in your UCM student email from [email protected]
Yes. All students who are enrolled in a course using Inclusive Access are automatically considered part of the program. To avoid being billed you must opt out online during the first 10 days of class.
Students who drop the course during the first 10 days of class will automatically be Opted-Out and will not be billed. Students who withdraw from the course after the 10th day of class will not be eligible to receive a refund on Inclusive Access materials.
Once billing has been completed, there are no refunds.
Only enrolled students have access to the content on the first day of class. If you are added to the enrollment for the class, you will be given access to and charged for the digital content.
Contact Number: 800-331-5094
Only students enrolled in courses using digital materials delivered via the Inclusive Access platform will receive emailed instructions from [email protected] If you believe you have not received an email, please check your Spam and Trash folders. If you do not find emailed instructions, please contact the University Store at [email protected] for assistance. Please include your full name, Student ID (#700), phone number, and course number in your email to the bookstore.
If your question wasn’t answered in this FAQ, please email [email protected] for more information.