Textbook Distribution FAQs
Textbooks for the upcoming semester are generally available eight weeks prior to the first day of class.
Please bring a Course Materials list, UCM student ID, and a form of payment.
A personal Course Materials list is acquired by following these steps:
- Log in to My Central using your 700# and password
- Click on “Student Services,” then “Student Home”
- Under “UCM Registration,” click on “Select term”
- Select the term and click “Submit”
- Click on “Order Textbooks”
- Click the link “Click here for your books”
- Choose “Shop exclusively with University Store”
- Click “Print book list”
We accept cash, debit/credit cards, and financial aid. A UCM Student ID is required to use financial aid.
Yes. The steps to order your textbooks online:
- Go to ucmo.edu
- Click the "Campus Links" button, select "My Central"
- Log in using your student 700# and password
- Select "Student Services" tab, then select “Student Home”
- Under the UCM Registration Box, click on the "Select Term Link" and choose Spring 2019
- Select "Order Textbooks"
- Click on University's Store Logo for a complete list of books
- Click the green to shop exclusively with the University Store
- After adding books to your cart, click Continue to Checkout
- Ensure all selected books are displayed in your cart, then click Continue Checkout
- Follow all on-screen prompts accordingly, then select payment options
- Login with the University Store, or register a new account
- Select Delivery Method and location. Click on continue to Payment Options
- Select Payment Method, then click Submit Payment. A confirmation number will be displayed and emailed
- Notification is sent when order is completed and available for pickup/shipping
Shipping rates: $10 for the first book and $1 for each additional book.
Textbooks are shelved in alphabetical order by the author’s last name. Signs are located at the end of each aisle, and shelf tags with the book title and course numbers are hung below each stack of books. If a book is used for multiple classes and/or sections they will all be listed on the shelf tag. Please ask a University Store Associate if you need additional assistance.
Rental textbooks have yellow "Renter Responsibility" stickers on the front cover.
By accepting rental textbooks from University Store, you agree to the following:
- Return the textbook by the close of business on the last day of finals
- Rental books not returned by the last day of finals will result in a charge for the cost of a new replacement textbook.
- Exercise care while the book is in your possession
- Make no marks except yellow highlighting and pencil
Possible reasons include:
- The textbook is a paperback, loose-leaf, spiral bound, an annual edition, or consumable
- The textbook is for a graduate level course (5000 and up)
- Faculty has requested the textbook be available for purchase only
Simply ask an associate who will locate a retail copy for you. If none are available, one will be ordered. For your convenience, we will issue a rental copy until a retail copy is received, typically in 7 to 10 business days. Rental fees will be applied to reduce the cost of the retail book through the sixth week of the semester.
If you cannot locate a book, please ask for assistance. If additional copies are unavailable, we will issue you a rain check and notify you when the textbook arrives, generally within one week. Once you have been notified, we will hold the textbook for a maximum of 24 hours before it is returned to our general inventory for sale to other students.
Publishers decide to shrink-wrap the books to protect the integrity of loose-leaf publications, packaged sets, etc.
New and Used textbooks are distinguished by a yellow “USED” sticker on the spine or cover of the book. If you purchase a wrapped textbook it cannot be returned for a full refund if the shrink wrap is removed.
The last day to return course materials for a full refund for Fall and Spring semesters is 10 business days, beginning on the first day of class. Summer semester classes generally have a five day return period for refunds.