For Spring 2013
- When can I pick up textbooks for the Spring semester?
Textbook distribution for the 2013 Spring semester begins with Textbook Reservation Pickup January 10th & 11th from 7:30 am - 5:00 p.m. Reservations continue January 12th & January 13th from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm and 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm (respectively). Distribution also goes on January 14th - January 18th from 7:30 am - 7:00 pm. To see a full listing of dates and times visit our store calendar page. Textbooks are located on the lower level of University Store in Union 128.
- What will I need to pick up my textbooks?
You will need your current class schedule, current UCM student ID, and a form of payment.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
Currently University Store accepts cash, checks, credit/debit cards, and financial aid or UCM debit accounts. Two forms of ID are required when paying by check. You must have your current UCM student ID when paying with financial aid or UCM debit account. The cardholder must be present when using a credit/debit card.
- Can I order my textbooks online?
Yes, you may order your textbooks online. Visit us online at www.ucmbookstore.com and click on the textbooks tab. You will need your student ID number and class schedule to place an order. Shipping rates: $10 for the first book and $1 for each additional book. Click here to go to the Textbook Reservation FAQ page.
- How do I locate my books in the textbook area?
Textbooks are alphabetized by course prefix such as "MKT" for marketing. Signs are located at the end of each aisle, and shelf tags with course prefixes and numbers are on each shelf. The textbooks are then broken down by section number on the shelf tags. If all sections of one course use the same book there will be only one tag for that course. If different books are used for different sections you will notice several different tags. Please ask a University Store associate if you need additional assistance.
- How can I tell a rental textbook from one I have to buy?
The shelf tags will indicate whether the textbook is available for rental or purchase. In addition, rental textbooks have yellow "Renter Responsibility" stickers on the outside cover, and used textbooks have yellow "USED" stickers on the spine or cover. The shelf tags also specify whether textbooks are "required" or "optional." UCM faculty recommend that you come to class prepared with all required course materials.
- What is the "Renter Responsibility" for rental textbooks?
By accepting rental textbooks from University Store, you agree to the following:
- Return the textbook by the close of business on the last day of finals
- Exercise reasonable care while the book is in your possession
- Make no marks except yellow highlighting
- Why is my textbook not available as a rental?
There could be several reasons your textbook is not currently available for rental. Possible reasons include:
- The textbook is a paperback text, looseleaf or spiral board
- The textbook is for a graduate level course
- Faculty has requested the textbook be available for purchase only
- My book is only available for rental, what if I want to buy it?
Simply ask an associate who will locate a retail copy for you. If none are available, one will be ordered. For your convenience, we will allow you to borrow the rental copy until the new copy is received – typically in 7 to 10 business days. You have until March 1st to apply the rental fee toward the purchase of a new textbook, if you chose to rent initially.
- What if my book is not on the shelf?
If you cannot locate a shelf tag for the course this means faculty has not requested a textbook for the course. However, if there is a shelf tag for the course but the shelf is empty please ask an associate for assistance. If additional copies are unavailable, we will issue you a rain check and notify you when the textbook arrives – typically in 7 to 10 business days. Once you have been notified, we will hold the textbook for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Why are some of the textbooks wrapped? If it is not wrapped, does that mean it is used?
Publishers and wholesalers decide whether to wrap the books or not. All used textbooks will be clearly marked with a yellow "USED" sticker on the spine or cover. If you purchase a new wrapped textbook it cannot be returned as new if the shrink wrap is removed.
- I accidentally bought the wrong book. May I return it?
Textbook Refunds with receipt are accepted until February 1st.
- I attend UCM Summit Center. Do I have to go to University Store in Warrensburg to get my textbooks?
UCM Summit Center students may obtain textbooks without visiting University Store on the Warrensburg campus. Students may order textbooks for Spring 2013 online on this page. Simply click on the textbooks link on the main page and follow the instructions. A shipping fee of $10 for the first book and $1 for each additional book will be applied to your order when shipped to your home or business address. Additionally, customers who choose "Trnsfr to Summit Ctr" will not incur shipping feed, but will pickup their order at the Summit Center in Lee's Summit, MO. In addition, each semester University Store sets up a remote location at the Summit Center. Our Lee's Summit location only has books for classes taught at this site. Textbooks for online classes must be pre-ordered.
Updated October 30th, 2012