- What is a name card and do I need one?
The name card is the card that a graduation candidate presents to the reader before crossing the stage at the commencement ceremony. Name cards will be available to be picked up in the Registrar's Office during the week of final exams, May 6th - May 10th. Graduates may pick up their name cards beginning on April 1st at the Graduate Office - WDE 1800. Picture ID is required. This is how your name will appear on your diploma. Do not alter your name card. You must bring your name card to the ceremony to have your name read!
- I would like to put my diploma in a frame. Where do I get one?
A variety of custom frames and mats are available from the University Store. Prices start at just $39.88 for brass or silver finished frames. Shipping/handling charges apply to orders placed via the web or phone. Check the graduation merchandise page on University Store's website for the complete assortment.
- When and where do I pick up my cap and gown?
You may pick up your cap and gown at University Store beginning on Monday, November 5th.
- What do I need to pick up my cap and gown?
You will need a photo I.D.
- How much does my cap and gown cost?
Your cap and gown are included as a part of the $50 nonrefundable Graduation Fee, which is charged to your student account the month before graduation (November/April). This fee must be paid to the university before your diploma will be shipped. Graduate degree candidates will also be provided with a master’s hood. If you would like to purchase your hood there is a $25 fee for Master’s degree hoods and a $33 fee for Education Specialist hoods.
Charges may be paid in the Office of Student Financial Services (SFS), WDE 1100, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F, with cash, check or debit card (Discover or Mastercard). Payments may be made online at http://www.ucmo.edu/portal. Online, Student Financial Services accepts web checks without a service fee. A service fee of 2.75% is charged when paying with a credit card. Or, if you prefer, your payment may be mailed to the Office of Student Financial Services. Please call (660) 543-8266 if you have any questions.
- May I keep my cap and gown?
Yes. The cap and gown are yours to keep. The hood must be returned if you have chosen not to purchase it. Personnel from University Store will be available in the Multipurpose Building to accept hoods immediately following the graduate student ceremony on Friday evening.
- How do I know what size cap and gown I need?
The caps are "one size fits most." The gowns are sized based on height; though accommodation is made for larger sizes.
- My gown doesn’t fit well. May I get another size?
Yes. Bring your gown in its original condition to University Store, and we will exchange it for the proper size.
- Why doesn’t the tassel come with the graduation year?
The year is not part of university regalia. They are typically used in high school commencement ceremonies only.
- I don’t live in Warrensburg. May I have the cap and gown shipped to me?
Yes. University Store will ship your cap and gown for a $10 shipping fee. Simply contact University Store by:
- Phone - (660) 543-4370 or (800) 330-7698
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or mail University Store, 500 S. Holden St., Elliott Union 128, Warrensburg, MO 64093
Include the following:
- Your height - for gown size (please specify standard, XL, 2XL or larger)
- Shipping address – Must be a street address. No P.O. Boxes please
- If you are a Graduate student please specify if you would like to borrow or purchase your hood.
- What do the different hood colors represent?
They correspond to the different graduate degrees.
- White – Master of Arts
- Tan – Master of Business Administration
- Gold – Master of Science
- Blue – Master of Science in Education & Education Specialist
- Do I wear the hood into the ceremony?
No. Graduate degree recipients will be hooded on stage. Some candidates choose to wear their hood for pictures prior to commencement, but the hoods are not to be worn into the ceremony.
- What happens if I do not return my hood?
The University Store will charge the purchase fee ($25 for master’s hoods and $33 for Education Specialist hoods) to your student account. Your diploma will not be shipped until this fee is paid via your UCM student account.
- Where can I get announcements?
Traditional announcements are available at University Store. Personalized announcements are available through Jostens. A Josten's representative will be at University Store; March 11th from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. & April 1st from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- How much do announcements cost?
Traditional announcements available in the University Store are $8.95* for a package of five. Personalized announcements through Jostens start at approximately $53.95*+ tax and shipping for a minimum order requirement of 25 announcements.
*** ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***
- How many people may I bring to the commencement ceremony?
There is no limit to the number of guests graduation candidates may bring. All family and friends are welcome. Come early for best seating.
- Do parents of degree candidates get special seating?
No. Guest seating is available in the bleachers on a first come, first serve basis. Floor seating is reserved for degree candidates and faculty only.
- Will guests need tickets?
No. Tickets are not necessary for the graduation ceremony. Plenty of seating is available for all guests.
- Does the Multipurpose Building offer special accommodations for people with special needs?
Students or guests with special needs will find handicap parking at the west end of the Multipurpose building parking lot, with wheelchair seating and a seat for one companion inside the west doors of the auditorium. The first three rows of seats on the north side are reserved for persons with disabilities and one companion. Persons who are deaf or have low vision may want to sit at the west end of these seats to be close to the ASL interpreter and to the presenters on stage. Assistive listening devices and program schedules in large print and Braille are also available at the west end of the building. Please contact Accessibility Services for a complete copy of the program in Braille or large print and for additional information: 660-543-4421.
- Can I wear the souvenir tassel instead of the one issued to me?
The University recommends you wear the regalia provided to you.
- I'm graduating with honors; do I wear something special?
Undergraduate students graduating with honors receive a medallion to wear in addition to the cap and gown as follows:
- Summa cum laude gold ribbon with medallion
- Magna cum laude red ribbon with medallion
- Cum laude white ribbon with medallion
Updated March 11th, 2012